Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday- Top 5 Naked Hardcovers

So last week I started doing this series, and it was a very negative and rant-y start. This week will be positive, and full of the love of naked books.

What is a "naked hardcover?" Well, I am about to tell you! It is a hardcover book without the dust jacket.
You may have realized that most naked hardcovers are just one solid cover (mostly black), but this post will show you beautiful naked books!

5. To start off this list, I am going to choose Incarnate by Jodi Meadows.
Besides the brilliant choice of the purple book, I love that there is a butterfly on it. On the dust jacket, the model has butterfly wings over her eyes, and this is a good representation of that. I haven't actually read this book yet, but it sounds great.


4. The next round draft pick is The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider.
I love this cover. The yellow makes the book seem really fun, and summery, and the roller coaster just adds onto the effect. This is one sounds like a great read, and I can't wait to get to it!


3. I am not sure if this counts because there isn't actually a dust jacket, but I don't really care. I am choosing More Than This by Patrick Ness no matter what you say.
This is one of my favorite books I have ever read, and the cover doesn't disappoint. The book is very mysterious, and the cover gives off that vibe. It is a beautiful representation of a fantastic book. And the main character is gay, and diversity is always fantastic!


2. I am choosing avery well done naked hardcover for this one. It is The Program by Suzanne Young.
If you look at the dust jacket of this book, you will notice that this is the same picture from the opposite angle. I think that is a fabulous idea, so not only the dust jacket is beautiful, but the actual book as well. The Program is about suicide, and the models' faces give off a very melancholy feel to it. 


1. To round out this list, I am picking The Diviners by Libba Bray, a monster of a book.
I love this book so much, and the book is absolutely gorgeous. It looks very '20s, which is great because that is the time period of the book. Unfortunately, the series got a cover change, and the second book will -probably- not look so beautiful (BTW the concept before the change was lightyears better than the changed cover).

I thought that was a much more positive list, and I enjoyed doing it. :)

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment