Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review of How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

How to Read Literature Like a Professor
by Thomas C. Foster
Non-Fiction Standalone
Age Range: This isn't inappropriate is just isn't necessary until high school/ college
Grade Level: Unnecessary until High school/ college
Pages: 314
Publisher: Harper


This is a book that helps you analyze literature as if you were in school/ a literature professor. 








What I Thought:
Most of the book seemed unnecessary, and somewhat obvious. Having said that it was somewhat helpful, and should help me in my future studies.

The Good:

  • Will help me with school.
  • Some new things that I haven't been taught before.
  • Short


The Bad:

  • He would go on long tangents about specific books that I haven't ever heard of or ever plan to read and that just seemed unnecessary.
  • Overall just boring.
Recommend?:
I would recommend reading this if you're having trouble subtextually analyzing books, or if you have to read it for school, but if you don't fall into either category I would say it is not needed.


Rating:

XOXO,
Belle



No comments:

Post a Comment