Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini
Standalone
Age Range: 15+
Grade Level: High School

Pages: 367
Publisher: Riverhead Books

This book is about two girls who live in Afghanistan who live very separate lives that should never cross paths. But twists and turns of fate brought them together. They rely on each other and care for each other; they share good times, bad times, and more than a few secrets. 







The Short:
I disliked this book. I hated everything about this book. I didn't like the characters or the story. It was just bad. If I didn't have to read it for school, I would never have finished it.

The Long:
From the start of this book I knew it was not a book that I would like. I didn't connect or even like any of the characters. They were ALL flat. There was no change in how any of the characters acted. If there was an interesting character, I may have liked reading this book. I didn't like either of the girls POV (even if the POVs were done well). They were very bland. To describe the girls in one word it would be pleb.
The plot was dull at its best. It never got to the point where I HAD to keep reading. I was always dreading picking up the book. Literally, the whole plot was the husband getting mad and the girls trying to make it better. NOT GOOD!
I don't know if people actually like this book if they have read it, but it was not for me.

Rating:


XOXO,
Belle

________________________________________________________

Content:
Language: minimal
Sex: Frequent
Drugs: Not a thing

No comments:

Post a Comment