Monday, July 7, 2014

Series Review of Wings by Aprilynne Pike

A little bit ago, I read the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike. I really did enjoy the books; they were in no way quality literature, but they were so fun and easy to read that I was addicted to them. They were fun, and a great way to start my summer.


The series is about a girl who moved away from her childhood home for her sophomore year of high school, and finds out she is a faerie. She is launched into the faerie world, and has to find out if it is the world she wants. 


It took some getting used to, but once I got into this book, I enjoyed reading it. It was not very good, but IDGAF. 



This book was a lot better than the first, and the characters got more interesting. The faerie world was cool to see, and I had a lot of fun reading this one.


I liked that we got a lot more Tamani in this book, but it seemed like Pike was trying too hard to create drama. Nevertheless, this was a fun read.
Then we get to this book. This book was comical. It was literally a 300 page battle sequence. I had fun, but I wanted something more than just fighting. 
PS Laurel made the right choice in who she wanted to spend her life with.


Overall, this was a fun series, and I'm glad I read it, but I will probably never reread it. I do want to check out all of the Aprilynne Pike books in the future. Her writing was great, and it will only get better from here.
RATING:

XOXO,
Belle


______________________________________________________________

Content:
Violence: minimal- except in last book-
Language: infrequent mild language
Sex: kissing
Drugs: One scene where there was drinking at a party- main character didn't partake in the drinking


No comments:

Post a Comment