Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Cover Buys

A cover buy is classified as any book that you bought solely on the cover. I am not gonna lie, I do this a lot when I am in a bookstore and I see something pretty. I am going to do this list with books that are all read, so LETS GO!

5.  Divergent by Veronica Roth
I read this last year, but it was at a time where I was literally just scrolling through Barnes and Nobles' YA section and the cover caught my eye. I am not disappointed that I found this baby.

4. The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQueery
This one was found in the bargain section of Amazon, and I thought it was interesting, and the synopsis sounded somewhat cool, and you know a $7 hardcover is not to be passed up. This book was very quality, but I want a sequel to this standalone.

3. Circle Nine by Anne Hertzel.
I thought this was cool, and Amazon bargain section. I was disappointed with the story, but I am not planning on getting rid of the book because the cover is too gorgeous. This dealt with the topic of abuse, and that is just not something I want to read about. But nice job on the cover!

2. Breathe by Sarah Crossan
Can you guess where I found this book? If you guessed Amazon's bargain section, you would be 200% right. I thought this sounded more than intriguing, and I had fun reading this. I don't know why the sequel has gone unread so far because I own it (Book Outlet bargain section). I love this cover; it is very unique and portrays the story perfectly.

1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
I love this cover, it looks glamorous and futuristic, and does a pretty good job describing the story through a picture. As the cover suggests, this is just about girls in dresses doing the bachelor in the future. Not gonna lie, I loved this series; did it have unrealistic character changes? Absolutely. Was it super fun and girly? Absolutely. 


In the comments, let me know if this is something you do too, and if so what cover buys are you happiest that you bought?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment