Saturday, July 5, 2014

Top Seven Saturday: Top 7 Least Patriotic Characters

Yesterday was July 4th (well obviously because today is the 5th), and in America that is independence day. All the Americans have to show off their national pride. A lot of times, book characters are very unhappy with their country, and would never choose to celebrate their independence day. Here is a list of seven characters who really just hate their country.


7. To kick off the list, I have Sabine from The Revolution of Sabine by Beth Levine Ain.
In this book, Sabine is very unhappy with the caste system, and since she is in the upper class, and her love in in the working class, she just wants to be able to be with him without ridicule. I would be surprised if she was ever caught dead singing the French national anthem.

6. Next, I have Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth.
After the first book, she spends all of her time trying to take over the government. I would be shocked if she ever was proud of anything the government did.

5.  I am going to go with Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
When this chick decides that she wants to take down her government, she doesn't stop until the job is done. She is a BAMF, and has no love for her country.

4. I think everyone has been waiting for this one. It is Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I think that everyone has read this book, but SPOILERS AHEAD! 
I think that having to go through The Hunger Games TWICE would make her hate her country. And the last book is entirely about her governmental takeover. To put is lightly, she HATES her country. 

3. Alana and Marko from Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples definitely deserve this spot on the list.
This couple really loves each other, but they do not at all feel the same about their country. Their two races have been at war for too long, and have destroyed numerous planets. They really just want to get away, and no longer be associated with their homelands.

2. Were almost done! For this baby I have a pretty large number or people: Ruby, Liam, Chubs, Zu, Cole, Vida, Nico, and Jude all from The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken.
It is no surprise that I have these books on the list because I love this series. The eight characters have been put in concentration camps because they are powerful, and they are part of the revolution. They want to change how things are for them, and really are hating life.


1. The moment you have all been waiting for is here! Number one is............ V from V for Vendetta by  Alan Moore.
I think that being trapped in a concentration camp, and blowing up numerous governmental buildings constitutes that he hates his country. I think he deserves this spot more than any other character.

BOOM! I am done. This was pretty good list if I do say so myself. I'll talk to you guys soon!

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment