Sunday, August 10, 2014

Belle Recommends: Dystopian

I'm bored right now, and I need to sleep, but you know what? I don't wanna sleep, and you know what else? I DO WHAT I WANT!!

I am going to make a new series on this blog, and it is gonna be titled BELLE RECOMMENDS! 


Side note: I don't actually know how to spell recommend I have been relying on autocorrect to change it for me. ;)  I think it had 2 C's and 1 M. But NO. It has 1 C and 2 Ms.


Side-side note: I'm like 10 out of 10 lazy, so I'm going to recommend one book or one series per BELLE RECOMMENDS.

I digress. Imma start by recommending a dystopian book. M'kay.


My #1 pick for this topic is The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken

This series is about a world where a disease, IAAN,  has wiped out 98% of children under the age of fourteen, and the 2% that are left have gotten powers. The government is scared of these kids, so they are put in camps that are akin to concentration camps. The main character, Ruby, is in one of those camps from the age of ten, and she is miserable, and one day she finds a way to escape. BOOM! Fantastic story lines ensue.

I'm going to be honest with you. This series is bae. Liam Stewart is bae. Ruby is BA. It is just too good to be real.

I love this series so much. I would say it is my all-time favorite series, and the last book isn't even out yet. If ITA is as good as the last two books, I don't think even Harry Potter could beat it out. 

Let's be real for a second. The covers are to DIE for. The Disney/Hyperion art team is on point!

I love this series. And I want you to love it too :)

XOXO,
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment