Sunday, August 24, 2014

Finishing Series

I don't know about you, but I am AWFUL about finishing series. I don't know if it it just me not wanting to leave the world and the characters behind, or just me being lazy, but it just doesn't happen.

Sometimes I am stoked to finish a series because I love it and need to know what happens to the characters. For example, I am too excited to read and finish In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken. I feel like I know the characters like I know my family, and I have a hole in myself because I don't know how everything turns out for them.

On the other hand, I am dreading In the Afterlight. I love the characters so much that I don't want to ever leave them. The other problem is the element of the unknown, I will feel like I am not whole if Alexandra kills off Liam or Ruby. I don't know if I have mentioned it before on here, but Liam from The Darkest Minds is my one true book boyfriend. I don't know how I will come back from it if he dies.

In my life, I have only finished ten series. The amount that I have started, and haven't finished yet is ridiculous. I have an entire section of my bookshelf dedicated to sequels I haven't bothered to finish. The whole purpose of the section is so I feel bad about myself.

Of course, I try to finish the series that I start, but I don't always succeed. Something newer and more intriguing will waddle into my life, and overtake my desire to finish the series. Oftentimes, I only have the last book to read, and it just doesn't happen.

Currently, I am in the middle of A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, and I am about halfway through it, but I haven't been bothered to pick it up in about a week. I have been reading the book since the beginning of the summer, and now 3 months later, I am about 350 pages in. I don't know why I haven't been reading it. It is a fantastic book, but I just haven't felt any real reason to finish the book. I still have plenty books in the series to read, but I can't get caught up on the series until I finish the book.

I think my main problem is the fact that I will start a series, and the rest of the books aren't released, or I don't want to make the trek over to a bookstore/ Amazon to buy the next book. I don't know why I do this, but it eels to be a reoccurring theme in my life.

Tell me in the comments if you do this too. Make sure you follow this blog, so you know if I decide to post any riveting discussion about me being a complete failure. It could be entertaining. ;)

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment