Friday, August 1, 2014

July 2014 Wrap-Up

I read 7 books this month, which is better than last month, but still not where I want to be. For the most part, the books were average. Having said all the, I am satisfied that I am reading at all.

One Two Three by Elodie Nowodazkij
I enjoyed reading this book, and it was a very quick read, but it was just not that good. It was trying to be a more meaningful contemporary, but it was just not where it needed to be.
3/5 Stars


A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I detested this book. I had to read it for school, and it was one of the worst books I have ever read. All the characters were flat, and the plot was BORING. I feel like it has such a good rating on Goodreads because people think that they SHOULD like this book rather than actually liking it.
1/5 Stars


In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo
This was a very fun graphic novel with really nice paper. I loved looking at the pictures, and reading the story. It was confusing at the start between the pictures and the writing, but once you understood who the pictures were about, the story was magnificent. I felt that it took too for the big reveal to happen, so I had to take some stars off.
3/5 Stars

Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth
I had a fun time reading this book. I wanted more of Four's initiation, but I was satisfied with what I was given. Some of the short stories seemed like filler. The voice that Four was given in this book was what I wanted to get in Allegiant. The exclusive scenes seemed pointless, and were like three pages each. It was fun being in the Divergent world again.
3/5 Stars

Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I had a ball reading this book. It was fluffy, and sweet, and summery, and perfect. I needed a summer read that was fun and delicious, and this was the perfect one. The characters were perfectly defined, but the story was not all I wanted it to be. 
4/5 Stars


The Secret of Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson
This book was still super fun, but the story fell short of what I was expecting from the first book. It just seemed melancholy, but that may have been due to the fact that it took place during the school year.  Still the characters were fun, and I can't wait to finish the last book.
4/5 Stars


How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
This book was just plain boring. The author would go on long tangents about some book I'm never going to read. The information he was giving was good information, but I just was not very satisfied with how it was delivered.
3/5 Stars

And that is all I read this month. It was an okay reading month, but I hope for better next month!

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment