Friday, August 8, 2014

Review of We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

We'll Always Have Summer
by Jenny Han
Third and final book in the Summer Trilogy
Age Range: 14+
Grade Level: 8th Grade
Pages: 291 Pages (in British Paperback)
Publisher: Razor Bill/ Penguin

This is the last book in the trilogy, so no real synopsis.
This book takes place 2 summers after the second book, and it is about Belly exploring her relationship, and deciding who she wants to end up with.








The Short:
I adored this book more than the rest of the series. It was just as fun and summer-y as the other 2, but the story seemed like it was more meaningful and quite frankly more interesting. I loved everything about the book, and wish I could have more.

The Long:
Where to start.
From the first page I was captivated by the story, and read it in one sitting. I loved where the story was going, and am glad that it turned out the way it did.

This did have the typical contemporary problem where she finds out who she wants to be with, and then ENDS. You don't get to explore the relationship more. You don't get to see married life. No. It was just over. Having said that, I loved how the story ended, but I just wanted more.

I loved Jeremiah throughout the first two books, but he just came off as annoying in this book. I somewhat understand what his reasoning for doing some things were, but it just seemed like rash decisions that he was too prideful to give up on.

Conrad was a lot better in this book, and I think that was because you got to see from his perspective, and you got to see the inner thoughts. He was a lot better than the angst ridden teen he initially was.

Belly was pretty illogical, but I still like her character. She is very interesting because she has always had a choice, but it takes until this book for her to see that.

The story was not at all what I was expecting for this book, but I still loved reading it. I was very interested in where the story was going because it was very unpredictable. I was surprised where all the choices the characters made led up to, and how everything worked itself out.

From the start, I knew the ending, but I still saw it out until the end.

Rating:



XOXO,
Belle

_________________________________________________________________________________

Content:
Language: If vulgarities are a problem, this is not the series for you.
Sex: Lots of talk of sex. It played a semi-medium role in the book.
Violence: Some violence. Not really a problem.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Jenny Han's summer series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete