Tuesday, September 9, 2014

August 2014 Book Haul

As you may very well already know, I sort of went on a book buying ban this month, and that is definitely still in effect, BUT I got some books. 31 books to be exact. THAT IS SO MUCH! I am on a ban and I still get books. WHAT?! I'm going to say in advance that I won/recieved most of them, and only actually got books from Goodwill, for school, from a festival, and 1 because I had an Amazon gift card.
I know you're not here to hear me ramble about where I got books. I am only for the words, you're only here for the pictures of all the pretty spines of the books I got. So I'm going to stop rambling and show you the books.

Won in various Giveaway:
Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon (Twitter)
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (Twitter)
The Flip by Michael Phillip Cash (blog giveaway)
When You Were Mine
and
Famous in Love both by Rebecca Serle (Fangirlish)
Between the Tides by Patti Callahan Henry (Library Thing)
The Swap by Megan Shull (Kimberly Faye Reads)
Working Stiffs by Lucy Lenter (Goodreads)
Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (Twitter)
The Far Dawn by Kevin Emerson (Epic Reads)
Amity by Micol Ostow (Goodreads)
Von Dutch: the Art, the Myth, the Legend by Pat Ganahl (Library Thing)


Sent for Review:
The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan
How We Fall by Kate Brauning
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (!!!!)
Marx by Corinne Maier and Anne Simon

I Purchased All of these from my Local Goodwill:
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick

These I bought in various places -I will specify:
Macbeth by William Shakespeare (Amazon for school)
Napoleon's Buttons by Penny Le Courteur and Jay Burreson (Amazon for school)
The Assiassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Amazon -I won a  gift card)
Dreamsongs Volumes 1 and 2 by George R.R. Martin (the Decatur Book Festival -$7 each!!)

WOOOOO!! BOOKS!!! 

So I didnt actually stick to my book buying ban this month. Well, I kind of did. Only Dreamsongs and The Assassin's Curse really broke the rules, so NOT BAD! I should only buy one book in September (The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey), so it should be pretty satisfying.

I should have reviews for the review books up by the beginning of October, so be looking forward to that!

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment