Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Review of The Bone Treaty by T.C. McKee

The Bone Treaty
by T.C. McKee
First book in the Seal of Solomon Series
365 pages
Age Range: 14+
Grade Level: 9th Grade
Publisher: BookFish Books LLC

This book is about a girl who has the ability to see emotions, and she has been stalked by a creepy guy who she has never met, and has no idea who it is. One day she is attacked in a bathroom by guess who?! Creepy Guy! When tragedy strikes in her her hometown, she is is forced to come to terms with her powers, her family, and creepy guy.







The Short:
I had a fun time reading this book. It was a short quick read that was a good easy thing to read. I had a good time reading about the characters, and the story was pretty entertaining also.

The Good:

  • The world was pretty cool. This was nothing like I have ever read before because it was sort of an angel book but not really. The Elems were a very intriguing group of people, and I was always interested to read more about them.
  • The story arc was a good one. The story started out somewhat dull, but it quickly picked up, and some of the themes were great. 
  • The romance was good. She seemed to make the right choice for her, and I hope that she continues to be with said guy in the rest of the books. 
  • The powers were so interesting. It was like they could do a thousand things, but it was common whiting the secret organizations.
  • Oh yeah. Secret Organizations. SO COOL!
  • TBH Addie was pretty funny. She was sarcastic, and witty, and what else would I need in a main character.
The Bad:
  • Love triangles are so annoying. Addie kept going back and forth between he guys, and I was all like COME ONE MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!
  • The information dumps. The story just throws so much at you so quickly, and I am sitting there like, "wat." 
  • The story didn't end. I wanted this to a standalone, but it is a series, and I don't even know how many books there is going to be or when the next book get released.
Overall: 
This was a pretty solid book. Not the best I have read, but it was also definitely not the worst. I liked it.

The Rating:


XOXO,
Belle
___________________________________________________________________________
The Content:
Language: mild language
Sex: some kissing, mostly innuendos
Violence: some violence. okay there is a good amount of violence. it was there but not very graphic
___________________________________________________________________________
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own, and honestly it would be too hard to make a lying opinion.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your honest review of my book. I will definitely consider your thoughts as I write book two which is the final installment in the series...no more info dumps. Swear. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the next book! It should be a fun one!

      Delete
  2. I like your honest and direct style of reviewing. You get right to the point and have a distinct, lively voice. I look forward to more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm glad you liked my review!

      Delete