by T.C. McKee
First book in the Seal of Solomon Series
Age Range: 14+
Grade Level: 9th Grade
Publisher: BookFish Books LLC
This book is about a girl who has the ability to see emotions, and she has been stalked by a creepy guy who she has never met, and has no idea who it is. One day she is attacked in a bathroom by guess who?! Creepy Guy! When tragedy strikes in her her hometown, she is is forced to come to terms with her powers, her family, and creepy guy.
I had a fun time reading this book. It was a short quick read that was a good easy thing to read. I had a good time reading about the characters, and the story was pretty entertaining also.
- The world was pretty cool. This was nothing like I have ever read before because it was sort of an angel book but not really. The Elems were a very intriguing group of people, and I was always interested to read more about them.
- The story arc was a good one. The story started out somewhat dull, but it quickly picked up, and some of the themes were great.
- The romance was good. She seemed to make the right choice for her, and I hope that she continues to be with said guy in the rest of the books.
- The powers were so interesting. It was like they could do a thousand things, but it was common whiting the secret organizations.
- Oh yeah. Secret Organizations. SO COOL!
- TBH Addie was pretty funny. She was sarcastic, and witty, and what else would I need in a main character.
- Love triangles are so annoying. Addie kept going back and forth between he guys, and I was all like COME ONE MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!
- The information dumps. The story just throws so much at you so quickly, and I am sitting there like, "wat."
- The story didn't end. I wanted this to a standalone, but it is a series, and I don't even know how many books there is going to be or when the next book get released.
This was a pretty solid book. Not the best I have read, but it was also definitely not the worst. I liked it.
Language: mild language
Sex: some kissing, mostly innuendos
Violence: some violence. okay there is a good amount of violence. it was there but not very graphic
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own, and honestly it would be too hard to make a lying opinion.