by Kate Brauning
Release Date: November 3, 2014
Age Range: 15+
Grade Level: 10th Grade
Publisher: Merit Press
This is the story of a teenage girl the summer before her senior year in high school. This may sound like any other contemporary, but it has a twist. She is in love and involved with her cousin. Don't freak out. That's not all the story is about. There is a murder mystery twist to it.
This book was not bad at all. Having said that, it was not very good either. It was just kind of meh. The characters were not that good, the story was okay, and the murder aspect of it was just kind of random.
- The murder was fun. I had a good time reading about it. It was interesting and moderately suspenseful.
- The romance was very well done. It was incestuous, but it was done in a way that no matter what I was rooting for them.
- The old movie. The main character was obsessed with old films, and it was wonderful to hear her thought about them.
- I didn't really connect with any of the characters. They were not bad, or poorly developed, but they were just not ones that I felt at all similar to.
- I thought the murder aspect was stupid. Don't get me wrong it was fun, and well done, but it was just useless to the story. It did not help advance the plot in the slightest.
- The pacing was too slow. I did not have a good time reading the beginning because it was just the main character moping around, and I was like "GET OVER YOURSELF!!"
Language: not a thing
Sex: some, lots of kissing. some taking of the girl's shirt off
Violence: Murder mystery. What do you expect
I received this book for review from the author, so all opinions are my own, and honestly, it would be really hard to come up with a fake review. :)