Friday, October 10, 2014

Lots of Excuses

As you may have noticed, I have been neglecting this blog a bit. I am still posting reviews for all the books I read, but they have been sporadic since I haven't been reading very much lately. I don't know what is going on, but I have kind of been in a reading slump since I finished my freshman year of high school, that was five months ago. I am very disappointed in myself because I love reading (obviously I love reading. I would not have made this blog is I didn't love reading), and I just haven't been doing it very much. I don't know if it is because I am stressed out about school, and I just don't know it, or if I am just really lazy. Probably the second one.
I hopefully will start reading again soon because I don't have any TV shows to watch, and I am not a huge movie person, so I should have some more reading time. School has been going on for like three months now, so they are really starting to ramp up on the homework, projects, and overall death. That may be part of the reason I am not reading much, but the problem with that excuse is that I always found time to read last year even when I had three liters of homework (yes, I readily just used liters to describe how much homework I had). Then again, I am taking an extra class, and I am taking harder classes, so I would guess it would have a lot more work.
To be completely honest, that is not the reason at all. I am just not reading books that make me want to open them. I have been dedicated to review books for like a month and a half, and haven't just randomly picked a book off of my shelf and read it. Thats all I want to do. When In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken comes out, I am going to read it whether I have 478 miles of homework or a bushel of review books, ITA is going to happen. Why? Because I want to read it, and finish the series to make ME happy. Of course, I am reaching the end of the line where review books are concerned. I am reading my second to last one I have right now, so I hopefully will pick great books for the next few months.
Now, I am not bashing on the review books I read because I did enjoy more than a few of them, but maybe when I read it, it just want the right time. I could have been craving fantasy, but I felt the need to read a contemporary because I felt that I put myself on a deadline with the review books. I just need to pick a book, not because I feel that I owe it to the publishers that I have to read it ASAP, but instead because it feels right, and makes me take the extra effort to pick it up and read it until the witching hours of the night.
I am really excited about the book that I am reading now, Unleashed by Sophie Jordan, which is the sequel and conclusion to Uninvited, I read the first book in January when it came out, and it was very well done. Now, I have the opportunity to read the next book early, and that excites me, so I should read it VERY quickly when it stops setting everything up, and gets intense because this series deserves to be intense.
I digress. My point of this post is not to make excuses and ramble on about what books I'm looking forward to, but instead to apologize. I am not going to say sorry for not reading because I am not going to force myself to read when I'm not feeling it. Instead, I am going to apologize for not keeping up with this blog. Just because I'm not reading doesn't mean that I can't post. I should take the time at least four times a week coming up with a creative thing to post about, or at the very least, I am going to start up again with the Top 5 Wednesday posts. I'm going to try to bring back UK vs. US because I had a hell of a time comparing book covers.
I am going to leave you with this:
I'm sorry that this blog isn't being updated a lot. I am going to try my best to be better both for you, the readers, and for me, the creator who is trying to be better to you.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment