Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review of Unleashed by Sophie Jordan

Unleashed
By Sophie Jordan
Book 2 in the Uninvited Duology
368 Pages
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Age Range: 13+
Grade Level: 8th Grade
Publisher: Harper Teen

This is the sequel the Uninvited, so I am not going to give you a summary on this, but instead on Uninvited.
Uninvited is the story of an above-average, teenage girl with a very musical and successful future ahead of her. All that was taken from her when she tested positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS). Her life spirals out of control, and she loses everything, but then she meets a boy.



This review is going to be so vague because SPOILERS for Uninvited.

The Short:
This book was so happy that it hurt. No, like I was smiling so hard at the end that my face ached.

The Good:

  • The love interest was bae. I loved him so much. He was literally the best person ever, and I am so glad that she met him.
  • The mystery aspects. There were times where you knew that there was a traitor in the midst, but you had no idea who it was. I guessed wrong.
  • The Resistance. It was so interesting looking at another side of the HTS problem. 
  • All the snippets at the beginning of each chapter. In this duology, before each chapter starts, there is a news article, or a thread of texts to further your understanding of what is going on in the world -either large scale or very small scale.
  • THE ENDING! IT WAS PERFECT!!!
The Bad:
  • It was boring at times. For the first 100 pages, it was slow. It was very good, don't get me wrong, but it just took a long time for the action to start happening.
  • This was a big problem I had in Uninvited, and it was that Davy is weak. She may have a very strong shell, but she is like a crab, strong outside, but soft and gooey inside. She was never okay until a boy came and saved her, and I get that some people like that in a book, but it just made me sad that she was not able to be whole without a guy there for her.
The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle

__________________________________________________________________________
The Content:
The Language: Did not seem to be a problem. I don't actually remember any offensive language.
The Violence: This is a book about people who have a violent tendency. Of course there is going to be A LOT of violence.
The Sex: There is a LOT of kissing, and I THINK two characters had sex, but NOTHING was described.

___________________________________________________________________________
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for this one! I'm glad there's another side of HTS shown. I'm also glad the romance is good. :)

    ReplyDelete