Sunday, November 30, 2014

December 2014 TBR

At long last, it is December. The month of Hanukkah, Christmas, and Atheists pretending to be religious in order to get presents. I fall into the last category, but that is besides the point. December is also the month of cramming in a lot of books to finish your reading goal. I myself elected to read 100 books this year, and currently I have read 98. I only cheated a little bit on my challenge, but you will hear more about that in my year-in-review posts.
Well, since I only need to read two books this month, I am going to try and cram in as many as possible in order to make up for my cheating. So I am [again] going to be overly ambitious and hopefully have another really good reading month. I have set a few goals for this month, so in January I can start fresh.

To Finish an Important Series: 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

I have been reading this series for about a year now, and I think it is high time for me to finish it. I am going to try very hard to read all of them, but at the very least, I will read book 5.

Finish All Review Books:

Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C. Sullivan

I was so excited to receive this book even though I have never read any Jane Austen, but due to my love of book covers, I think I will have a lot of fun reading and looking through this.

Read the Book I Have Been Saving for Winter:

Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler

I got this book last year for the holidays, and I resolved to read it during the Winter because it just seemed like a wintery read. So I will hopefully be reading this either this month or in January.

Fucking Finish the Book:

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Excuse my language, but I think it was necessary. I have been reading this book since early June, and I am not even halfway done. I don't even know who I am anymore. I need to resolve to spend an entire day and read this like crazy. I need my mom to take away my phone and computer and iPod for a day in order for me to read this without any distractions. Except, sometimes as a distraction I will sleep or just lay on my floor looking at my bookshelf. I am not proud of it, but it happens. I need to be locked in my room and only be able to read this book. I will read a lot over Winter break hopefully, but I really need to finish this by the time the year is up. I think the is the most important book in this TBR since quite frankly I am embarrassed to not to have finished it by now.

I think that is about it. I plan to read 4 huge books because I am not a real person, just an android. Okay, I don't know where I was going with that. But I just need to read two of these books, to finish my goal. I HAVE THIS GOAL IN THE BAG! 
I may be participating in the Cramathon just because read-a-thins are really fun, but I'll figure that out when it gets closer. 

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment