Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 2014 Wrap Up

I think I need an applause. I am so happy with the amount of books that I read this month. Okay. Are you ready for this? 13 books. I read THIRTEEN books. I haven't read that much in about six months. I don't even know how that happened, but it did, and I am in no way complaining. I am honestly blown away by the amount of books that I read this month since I had to read 7 in order to be on track with my reading challenge, but then I decided to read 6 extra books, and now I am basically done with my reading challenge. Anyway, here are the books that I read in the month of November.



I have been waiting to read this book for about a year, and for that entire year I have been scared that it wouldn't live up to the insanely high expectations that I had set in my head. Fortunately, it was exactly what I wanted and more. I love Alexandra Bracken's writing and storytelling, so naturally I loved this book.
5/5 Stars


I received this graphic novel for review from one of my favorite publishers, Nobrow Press, and I had tons of fun with it. It was vulgar, and hilarious in the best way possible. I had such a good time reading this one, and I would highly recommend it if you are okay with nudity and lots of cursing.
4/5 Stars


I got this book a few months back, but heard a lot of mixed things about it, so I was not really planning on reading it, but in a Post-ITA hangover, I reached out to the Twitters and a lovely follower recommended that I read this one, so I did. It was pretty okay. The romance was solid, but it was just kind of corny. 
3/5 Stars


This is one of the best books I have ever read. It was one I read for school, and that usually means its going to be awful, but the way that we had to read it and the story itself just made me love it. I really felt for Holden, and I think I am Holden, so I loved it.
5/5 Stars


I was really planning on living this book because it just sounded like a quality contemporary, but it was so boring. I made it all the way through, but I really was having a bad time reading it. It was not a book for me. I guess I never really believed or cared about the characters, so it just didn't work out. 
2/5 Stars


I was so fascinated by this book when the author contacted me to review this book, and I am so glad that I did end up reviewing it because it was very unique. It dealt with the concept of lucid dreaming, and I am very interested with the concept of it. It was kind of a disappointment because this book was not everything I wanted it to be, but I still had a lot of fun reading it.
4/5 Stars


I have been so excited to read this book since I finished the first one in the duology even though Breathe was not that good. This book was a large improvement form the first book, and I am glad I took the time to read it. 
3/5 Stars

This is a book. It is very funny. I really like Vonnegut's writing, and he was so crudely humorous that I had a very good time reading it. I would really suggest that you read this book if you haven't already, but you should know that not much happens in the plot. The whole book is a build up to a huge event, and it is absolutely ridiculous. The characters were fantastic and insane. The fake religion was very satirically accurate. It was just overall a well done story.
4/5 Stars


All I wanted was an angst-ridden story. This is not an angst ridden story. It had action and a wonderfully made romance that really made me believe it. The setting was magnificent. This was not what I was in the mood for, but I am so glad that I read it.
4/5 Stars


Another school book. Really, Ms. Fantastic-Lit-Teacher, TWO books in one month. Whatever. This was not as good as the The Catcher in the Rye, and quite frankly, I didn't like it that much. I feel like every literature teacher ever makes this seem like a really good and insightful book, but I just didn't get it. I don't know if it was the characters or the plot, but this was just not my book.
3/5 Stars

I don't know what to say about this book. It was just disappointing. I love The 5th Wave. It was one of the best books I read last year, but there was some sort of disconnect between the two books, and this one was stagnant and boring. I will be contenting on with the series, but this just didn't live up to the awesomeness that was The 5th Wave.
3/5 Stars


Science fiction is fun. Science fiction is cool, but this book was just like any science function book ever. I don't think there was anything really special about the world, and the romance was so corny. It was an overall okay book, but I don't think it was the right introduction to Beth Revis' writing.
3/5 Stars

This was an ominously written book that really took my breath away visually. Most of the reason that I liked this book so much was the visually pleasing pictures that were displayed throughout the book. Also, the story was pretty well done, but it was not nearly as long as I would have hoped.
4/5 Stars

Raise your hand if you are as impressed as I am with the amount of books I read. *Raises hand*
Okay, I am hoping for another great reading month next month. 
How was your reading? You should comment with what you read this month, and we can connect over our shared love of books.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment