Monday, November 3, 2014

Review of Art Schooled by Jamie Coe

Art Schooled
by Jamie Coe
96 Pages
Publication Date: November 11, 1014
Age Range: 15+
Grade Level: 10th
Publisher: Nobrow Press

Art Schooled is the story of small-town Daniel who is attending art school in a big city. He meets tons of unique people and has a plethora of odd experiences. This book focuses on his struggles with attending art school and his newfound independence.







The Short:
I don't even know where to start with this book. It was weird and it was hilarious, and I am so glad that I read it.

The Good:

  • I was laughing so much throughout this book. It was so blunt and sarcastic, and I just couldn't stop laughing. 
  • When Daniel punched the guy in the throat the reaction of everyone around him was so good. I was just dying laughing the entire time.
  • The art was beautiful. Nobrow does it again with a wonderful book.
  • The overall quality of this book was magnificent. Like every Nobrow book, the quality of the book itself and the paper was noteworthy. Also, the size of the book works perfectly for the content being put in display.
  • The color scheme on the pages was much appreciated since each page and even half pages were mostly monochromatic, and it just looked beautiful.
  • The story was magnificent. I loved seeing how Daniel grew from a new and nervous art school student to a fully developed and confident person.
The Bad:
  • Did there really HAVE to be that much nudity. I was not at all offended by it (I watch Game of Thrones nudity doesn't offend me anymore), but it was kinda like really? Was that necessary. Honestly, it was not at all a big deal to me, but others may be upset by it. 
  • The story was funny, but it was not very heavy in the plot department. Like nothing REALLY happened. But it was fantastic anyway.
The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle

_________________________________________________________________________
The Content:
Language: There was so much cursing in this book.
Sex: Lots of nudity, and sex, and kissing. Overall very dirty.
Drugs: Social drinking, and weed.

_________________________________________________________________________
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment