Monday, November 17, 2014

Review of Postcard Books by Willhelm Staehle

 Hugs and Misses
by Wilhelm Staehle
30 Pages
Publisher: Quirk Books
Release Date: December 3, 2014

This books is 30 postcards relating to awkward love.





The Short:
This book was pretty funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but most of the postcards got a chuckle out of me. I have to say that they were all pretty clever, and there were some where I will need to go back and figure out the pun. I am completely satisfied with the amount of laughs that I got out of this book.


 Stars and Swipes
by Wilhelm Staehle
30 Pages
Publisher: Quirk Books
Release Date: December 3, 2014

This one relates to American history.







The Short:
I have to say that I liked this one more. It was a lot more relatable to me because I actually know a lot about America history whereas love is something that I cannot relate to. Having said that, I didnt think that all of the postcards were that funny, but the majority of them were.


Overall:
These books were not really books, but instead two collections of thirty postcards. There was no story, but that was not the point of these books. The entire reason these books exist is to make you laugh. They were mostly very punny, and I did appreciate that. I'm not going to lie, I am going to be stealing as many of these puns as possible, and using them in real life since 90% of the jokes that me and my friends tell are puns. I am not going to be sending off any of these postcards because the art is too beautiful to send off, but I will look through the book whenever I am in need of a laugh.

Recommend?: 
If you are looking for a book of puns, then I would highly recommend these books. The whole point of them to to be funny, and if that is what you want in a book, then I would suggest picking them up.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment