Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 2014 Wrap Up

I am just going to put it out there because I know this is what you're going to be thinking after reading this post: I had a bad reading month in the number of books. Okay. Now that that is out of the way, I am going to say that I am more than satisfied with the books that I read. It was great to finally finish some books after so long (if you have been keeping up with this blog, you KNOW what I am talking about), and some other books that I read were pretty solid. Lets just get into what I read.


Inferno by Dante
I had to read this book for school, and I'm just going to say that it was not very good. For a comedy, it was not very funny. It really did deserve two stars because the plot was bad, but the world of hell that you went through was really interesting.
2/5 Stars


Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C. Sullivan
This book was wonderful. It was beautifully made, and really extensive in the quantity and backstory about each of the covers. I was more than impressed.
4/5 Stars


A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
Yes. This is real. This book will never be on a TBR list ever again. I have finally finished this book after seven months. I am so happy with myself for this. I didn't like ti as much as the first book, but it was still very good in the grand scheme of books. I am very excited to read on with the series, and I cant wait to read the next book.
4/5 Stars


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
As you may have noticed, this is the first book since I started this blog that I haven't reviewed. I didn't think a review was appropriate for this book since EVERYONE has already read it. Beyond that, I was very bored with this book, and thought it was one of the weaker books in the series. It was really lacking in the plot, and although there was some action, the majority of this book was dull (Don't hate me)
4/5 Stars


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
This was a fun book, but since it was a contemporary, it was very character oriented. I personally didn't like the characters that much, but I still had a good enough time reading this book.
2/5 Stars

Solid month.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment