by Margaret C. Sullivan
Publisher: Quirk Books
This is not a story, but instead a collection of book covers from the past 200 years of all the Jane Austen Books.
This book is beautiful. You can really see the amount of work that the editor put into compiling all of the book covers. I am completely awestruck by the amount of time and effort that this book took to complete. I have no idea how she found all of the covers, and even the backstory a lot of the covers. I am so impressed with this book, and it really made me want to pick up a Jane Austen book.
- A good portion of these covers are wonderful. I just want all of them. They are sorted in a way that logically makes sense, and they just did a fantastic job making this book.
- I really like how they included the lesser known Jane Austen books rather than just the really popular ones. I didn't even know that she ever made some kid's books, but thanks to this book, I do know.
- This book is so much more than a lot of book covers in a book. They have backstory with a good amount of the books. There are quotes, and then some tips on collecting the books. It is magnificent.
- The actual size of this book just works really well to present the content. It is not too big, nor too small, it is just perfect.
- It didn't have all of the books in the collections. It would show one or two, but there would be more, but you wouldn't see them in the book. I know it is not logical, but I really wish that there would have been more.
I feel like with this book, you should have at least read one Jane Austen book, so you appreciate it more. I [embarrassingly] have never read a Jane Austen book [even though I own most of them]. if you were to buy this book as a present, make sure the person has read and enjoyed a Jane Austen book, it would just make the overall reading experience better.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one.