Sunday, December 14, 2014

Review of Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C. Sullivan

Jane Austen Cover to Cover
by Margaret C. Sullivan
Standalone
224 Pages
Publisher: Quirk Books

This is not a story, but instead a collection of book covers from the past 200 years of all the Jane Austen Books.






The Short:
This book is beautiful. You can really see the amount of work that the editor put into compiling all of the book covers. I am completely awestruck by the amount of time and effort that this book took to complete. I have no idea how she found all of the covers, and even the backstory a lot of the covers. I am so impressed with this book, and it really made me want to pick up a Jane Austen book.


The Good:

  • A good portion of these covers are wonderful. I just want all of them. They are sorted in a way that logically makes sense, and they just did a fantastic job making this book.
  • I really like how they included the lesser known Jane Austen books rather than just the really popular ones. I didn't even know that she ever made some kid's books, but thanks to this book, I do know. 
  • This book is so much more than a lot of book covers in a book. They have backstory with a good amount of the books. There are quotes, and then some tips on collecting  the books. It is magnificent.
  • The actual size of this book just works really well to present the content. It is not too big, nor too small, it is just perfect.
The Bad: 
  • It didn't have all of the books in the collections. It would show one or two, but there would be more, but you wouldn't see them in the book. I know it is not logical, but I really wish that there would have been more.
I feel like with this book, you should have at least read one Jane Austen book, so you appreciate it more. I [embarrassingly] have never read a Jane Austen book [even though I own most of them]. if you were to buy this book as a present, make sure the person has read and enjoyed a Jane Austen book, it would just make the overall reading experience better. 

The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle

________________________________________________________________________________
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment