Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Review of Saga: Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

Saga: Volume 2
by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
144 Pages
Age Range: 14+
Grade Level: 9th Grade
Publisher: Image Comics




Installments 7-12 of the Saga comic book series









I liked this book. It was really fun to read, and it was a very good continuation of the series. I don't think it was as good as the first book, but it was overall a very good read. I read it in a very short amount of time (20-30 minutes, I think), and it was a very good thing to read when I was not really feeling like doing anything.

The characters in this were utterly fantastic, as they were in the first volume. I had a very good time seeing who the characters are, and it was very easy to understand who everyone was since the artist made all of the characters look very diverse. I really loved seeing a ton of new characters, and seeing the set up that this book gave for the many future installments.

This, however, was not what I was hoping for. I wanted an epic sequel filled to the brim with action and intrigue, but the story in this seemed very lacking. From the epicness that was the first book, I don't know exactly what i was hoping for, but this was not it. I wanted there to be a lot more story, and for things to actually happen, but it just didn't. That is not to say that I didn't like this book, because I really did, but it was just not what I was hoping for.

The Rating:



XOXO,
Belle

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that it wasn't exactly what you were hoping for, but at least you still enjoyed it!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete