Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Reading Goals

It is a new year. New years are fun for many reasons. One being going to crazy New Years Eve parties, and another being making ridiculous unobtainable goals for the new year. In this post I will make these unobtainable goals, and on a page on the dashboard of this blog I will update them whenever I make some progress.

Here is where I will make the first mention of my reading goals, and you will all scoff because you [like me] do not think I will be able to complete it.

 LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!


  1. First off, I am going to set a goal for the number of book I want to read. This year I barely made 100 books, so I am going to keep up the trend, and try and read 100 books this year. I don't even know if this is possible, but why not try. This will be a hard one.
  2. Next, I am going to try to read 12 classics. 12 is not that scary of a number, but it is one every month, and that could terrify me. I am going to cheat on this one. Books I read for school DO count towards this goal.
  3. For number three, I am going to take on the A to Z reading challenge. That means that I am going to be reading a book that starts with each letter of the alphabet. For Q, X, and Z, I am going to say that it has to contain those letters somewhere in the title or author's name. 
  4.  I want to finish at least 7 series this year. Seven is a scary number for me because I have no idea how easy/hard this will be. This is the challenge that I think I have the least chance of finishing.
  5. Next, I want to read 3 nonfiction books, and 4 adult books. It doesn't matter what genre they are as long as I read them by my own free will. That means that reading Columbine for school counts for nothing except challenge 1.
  6. Okay. I lied. This is the most unobtainable challenge that I am making: I want to catch up on A Song of Ice and Fire. That means I have to read 3 more books, and I don't even know if that is possible, but I am challenging myself to do it, and I can't back down from a challenge.
Lets be honest here. I am not going to be finishing all of these goals. If I do obtain all of these goals, I will do some crazy end of year thing on this blog, and all of you will love me for it. 

What are your 2015 reading goals? Are you being as ridiculous as I am?

XOXO,
Belle

2 comments:

  1. 2014 was the first year I set a reading goal instead of a writing goal, and I'm much happier for it. I committed to reading 52 books and finished a week early. :) For 2015 I'm sticking to 52 books, but my new goal is that half of those will be nonfiction. I like your goal of reading 12 classics. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 52 books is a pretty solid reading goal! I am giving you a lot of respect for wanting to read so much nonfiction, I know I couldn't do it. Good luck on your reading goals! :)

      Delete