Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Year in Review: Part 7- Twelve Books I Wish I Would Have Read

I am just going to tell you, this post is going to be absolutely worthless. It is just me being like "I wish I read these even though I would have had -0 time to read it." I am still going to have this post exist because its fun, but this is a stupid post, and I am going to tell you that.

12. A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
You all should know by now that I love this series, so it is easy for me to say that I wish I read more of it last year. Actually, I could just say that I wish I finished this series last year because that would just be a ton of weight off my shoulders. I am currently reading this book now, and I know it is going to be amazing. 

11. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
I got this book as soon as it came out because I was dying to read it, and it seemed like my type of book. I don't even know why I never read it because I am positive that I will love it. I spent all last year looking at it like maybe later, and it just never happened, and now I am screaming because I know I could have fit this one in somewhere.


10. The Battle of the Labyrinth and  The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
I started rereading this series last summer, and I finished the first three books, but for some reason (work I think) I couldn't complete the series again. I am planning on reading these two, and reading the Heroes of Olympus next summer, so I am excited for that. 

9. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
I also want to include book 7, but I didn't feel like typing the name out or formatting the picture :/. Okay, I started this series in 2013. I read books 4 and 5 in 2014. I want to finish in 2015. I really wish I finished in 2014, but stuff happened, and I couldn't meet my goals. This is a series that I really NEED to complete and I know I will love these two books so much, but I just haven't read them yet.

8. In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
I read the first book early last year, and I was dying to read the sequel from the time that I finished the first book, but for some strange reason I haven't been a dystopian mood lately or since I bought the book, so I have had no drive to pick it up. It would have been great to read it, but I think it would have killed me.

7. Cress by Marissa Meyer

I read the first two books in this series, and they were solid four star books, and I really think I will like this one better than the other two. I distinctly remember picking this book up and bringing it into school, and trying to read it, but got bored after a page. Okay past Belle, thats just k.

6. Amy & Rodger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This is the fucking perfect summer book, and I didn't read it. I even got the UK copy because I loved the cover so much, and I still didn't read it. I don't even know. It is a ROAD TRIP book, and road trip books give me life, I will be reading it this summer or I will not be a real person.

5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I read another Vonnegut book last year, and was very entertained by it, so I have no idea why I didn't pick this one up. It seems to me that it is going to be a lot more entertaining, so I need to read it like now. 


4. 1984 by George Orwell
I have never actually read an Orwell book, and I think I am going to like this one a lot better than Animal Farm, so I needed to get it read last year, but apparently other books were more important, so it didn't happen.


3. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
This is the point in the post that it gets really stupid. I wanted to read this book last year. It is a monstrous book and there was no way that I would have finished it, but I still wish that I would have read it. 


2. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Again, I am being really stupid. I want to read this book because it is one of my uncle's favorite book, and I need to see why he likes it so much. Too bad it is over 1000 pages, and would take eons to read. I will read it at some point, but it is not happening any time soon. Although, it would have been marvelous to read it last year. Also, isn't the name of this book just really romantic. Not in an I love you way, but in a gothic kind of way if you know what I mean

1. Watership Down by Richard Adams
And now you will see my angsty-middle-child complex coming into play. I wanted to have read this book and loved it because my mom hated it more than any book she's ever read. I wanted this to be one of my all-time favorite books that I can boast that I actually read 500 pages of rabbits. Damn. I am going to not like this book. :)

There it is, the most useless post that you will see today. I hope you enjoyed it as much as you could for a post of this nature.

What books do you wish you read last year?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment