Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January 2015 Wrap Up

If you didn't notice, I did not create a TBR for this month because I literally had no idea what I wanted to read. I guess I had a pretty bad reading month because I didn't actually finish many books, but thats okay because it doesnt even matter that I am behind on my reading challenge since I can make up the amount that I am behind over the next few months. I read three full books this month, but thats okay because I am reading two books right now, and I will be finishing more this month.



Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
This book was pretty okay. It was just another average YA contemporary book. It had a good enough romance that took waaaaay too long to develop completely, but it was pretty well paced since it did cover five years. The characters were fine; the side characters meant nothing, and that was disappointing, but whatever.
3/5 Stars

Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
I think I really wanted to love all these books since I loved the first book so much, but I decided sometime over the month that I get overexcited for first books, and don't like sequels as much. I don't know why I do that, but it happened with this series. I still loved this book, however, it was not up to the caliber of the first book, but thats okay because this was awesome.
5/5 Stars

A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 by George RR Martin and Daniel Abraham
I really love this series. The books (of the ones I have read), the TV show (can we have season 5 now. Please and thank you.), and now I can love it in one more adaptation. This was awesome; I knew that I loved this story already before I read this book, so I was completely judging this based on how I liked the art and everything like that. It was honestly great, and I'm glad that I am reading this adaptation.
4/5 Stars


I am in the middle of two books right now that I started right now, and those are Hamlet by William Shakespeare (halfway done) and A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (less than 100 pages left!!!), so look forward to those reviews soon.

What did you read this month? Did you do better than me?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment