Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane 
by Kate DiCamillo
Standalone
221 Pages
Publisher: Candlewick Press

There once was a china rabbit. He was loved by a girl named Abilene. He was dressed in the finest silks, and had a gold pocket watch, but he didnt love Abilene back. One day he went overboard of a ship, and became lost.










The Short:
I am not going to make a very big long review about this one, but the short of this is that I loved this book.

The Long:
I haven't been affected this much by a book in a long time. I don't think I cried as hard or as long in a book, not even The Fault in Our Stars. Not even Allegiant. I don't know what it was about this story that resonated with me that much, but I reached a point about fifty pages in and started bawling. I didnt stop crying until about ten minutes after I finished this book. I have never loved a children's book as much as I loved this one. No matter how old you are, I think you will love this book.


The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment