Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Belle Recommends: Coming Soon- March

I decided that I was going to do this series whenever I had no idea what to post, and there have been tons of times since the last Belle Recommends post that I should have made one of these types of posts. The last time this post was on my channel was also the first post of this series, and that was back in August. I also said in that post that I was only going to recommend one book or series, but thats not going to be true for this post. I am going to recommend all the books that are coming out in March that I think you should read. I am going to link my reviews of both of these books in case they at all seem interesting to you.


To start things off I am going to be talking about Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
I read this book back in August, and I thought it was great. This deals with two girls, one black, one Chinese, who run away from their home in Missouri, dress up as boys, and decide to take on the Oregon Trail. There are a lot of twists and turns along the way, and it is a great book. I received an ARC of this book, and I liked it so much that I decided to preorder a finished copy for my birthday. I would recommend this book for people of all ages. It was funny, sad, and just hopeful. I am so thankful that I could read this book early, so I can sit here trying to force this upon you too.
Release Date: March 7

Next, I will be discussing Me Being Me Is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
This was probably the most unique book that I read last year. If you didn't notice from the cover, it is written entirely in lists. I don't know how that idea got into the author's head, but I am immensely grateful that it did. It is about a boy who has had a very hard year, so he skips school, gets on a bus, and goes to visit his brother at college. It is about much more than that, but without giving away any plot points that is what the beginning of this book is about. It is actually a story of acceptance, loss, and hardship. It was beautiful. It does take a little bit of time to get into the story since it is written in lists, but once stuff really starts happening, you should understand what is going on. If that is not enough, the book mentions one of the best bands of all-time, Wilco. 
Release Date: March 24

Have you read any of these books? Are you planning on it?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment