Friday, March 13, 2015

Pre-Blog Goodreads Reviews Part IV: Contemporary

I have bamboozled you. You didnt think that I would ever finish this series, but ITS BACK. For the tune in on my blog for the next two Fridays, and you can see the final two installments of my awful Pre-Blog Goodreads Review Series. Now. The moment you have all been waiting for, PART 4!

Love. Fun. Happiness. Giggles. All common things in contemporary. These reviews should be the worst of them all.

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

A "fresh" out of college guy gets a job as an "internet security officer." His actual job is to read people's emails to make sure they are using their work email appropriately. He gets emails from 2 women and before long he realized that he is in love with one of them.

Review: That was a good book. Very solid. It took too long for anything to really happen, but when stuff did it was amazing. The emails were always hilarious. This was a really strong debut, but it is definitely no Fangirl!

4/5 Stars






Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

All her life, Cath has clung to her twin sister. Now, she is starting her freshman year and her sister refuses to room with her. Uh Oh.

Review: Awwww. That was so cute. I just collapsed into fits of giggles while reading this book. This was just so adorable!

5/5 Stars










Ask the Passengers by A.S. King

Astrid Jones sends her love to everything and *almost* everyone. She just wants to be able to tell her family, friends, and school about her girlfriends and have them love her back.

Review: I bought this book at Publix because it was 3 dollars, and why not? I didn't expect to love this book. Hell I didn't even know what this book was about, but after reading the first chapter, I just loved it. The writing was fantastic. Astrid was one of the best main characters I have ever read about. She was adorable, and funny, and just all around a fantastic person. I don't have enough good things to say about this book, and I cannot even wait to read more AS King books.

5/5 Stars



Black Crow White Lie  by Candi Sari

Carson is a healer. He can heal anything and anyone with just his hands. But he can't heal his mother's alcoholism or his desire for a father. 

Review: This was a really boring book. The chapters took a page for you to understand what was even going on, and even when you did, it was not interesting. The story was about a kid and his alcoholic mom, and I didn't enjoy it.

2/5 Stars







Fight Club by Chuck Palahnuik

The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is you Do. Not. Talk. About. Fight. Club.

Review: This book is probably the single best book I have ever read! The characters were so vivid and well made. I couldn't put this book down! I thought that it was very interesting having the narrator remain unnamed; it is not a very common thing for a book to do, and I really enjoyed that aspect. The concept of this book is so original, and so ground breaking. I absolutely loved everything about this book. If you haven't read it, well, what are you doing with your life.

5/5 Stars




Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

One broken person meets another and they fix each other.

Review: Even though this was a typical high school romance, it was pretty good. It seemed like every character was messed up in their own way, and unlike a lot of stories, not everyone is perfect. I liked how there was a gradual change in the characters' personalities, and throughout the story they became more confident with who they are. Unfortunately, there was A LOT of teenage angst going on, and that is always annoying no matter what the story is.

4/5 Stars






There it is we are two-thirds of the way through this mini-series. I hope you are enjoying this. Its pretty fun looking back at my reviews and how BAD they were.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment