Thursday, April 2, 2015

March 2015 Wrap Up

              In my TBR post at the beginning of the month, I said I was going to read ten books, and at the end of the month I read nine books. Whomp Whomp Whooooomp. I felt like I read a lot this month, so I am not really disappointed that I didn't reach my goal. As of right now I am one book behind my Goodreads goal, and that meant I am going to get a lot more behind since SPRANG BREAK!!! Anyway, I digress, I am just going to get into the books I read this month.

I started this series last year, I think, and I liked the first book a pretty good amount, but I felt that the series really degraded from there. I did not like the last two books, but I pushed through this book only because I wanted to finish the series. I think my problem with this book is that I expect it to be super fast passed, but the author has a very slow writing style. I don't think I am going to be picking up her next series, but we shall see.
2/5 Stars

I had such high hopes for this book, and it really disappointed me. I preordered this book in 2014 when it came out, and then I didn't read it for about a year. I'm very glad that I did read this book since I am insanely interested in psychopaths/sociopaths. This book fell short of my expectations, and it was mostly because I didn't think that author really understand how a sociopath's brain works. I never got to the point where I could see the characters sociopathy; she just seemed like a normal girl who killed people, but sociopaths don't have empathy, and the character in this book did.
3/5 Stars

This was another continuation of a series that I didn't like as much as the first book. I felt that in this one, the characters really became weaker people, and they were just annoying since they could not talk to each other. Instead of explaining things, the two main characters wanted to protect each other, so they didnt speak. Other than that fact, this was pretty good, and it set up the next book in such a way that I have no idea what comes next. I am very excited for the conclusion of the trilogy though.
3/5 Stars

I was killing it this month with continuing series. This is a second book, and I liked it a lot more than the first book. Both books are very hard to read due to the subject matter, but the writing style of Ellen Hopkins is absolutely wonderful. I really want to read the final book since it follows different characters, but my only concern is not being able to find Fallout in this edition. 
3/5 Stars

This book was wonderful. I absolutely adored it. I felt that this was a contemporary novel in which the characters actually had personalities, pasts, and aspirations beyond each other. The greatest part of this book was that you understood every character. Whether you saw them for one page or eighty pages, you really got to know the characters. I really hope to be able to read more of this author's books in the future, for this was a great read.
4/5 Stars

Yes, this is another sequel. And yes, I liked the first book better. Don't get me wrong, this book was great, but it was not as emotional as the first book. Of course, there were times where I teared up, but I was never sobbing like at the end of Not a Drop to Drink. I loved the adventure in this story, and that you got to follow Lucy's perspective rather than Lynn. This is a series that I would highly recommend. Also, I talked to the author, and there aren't plans for a third book, so this is  [as of right now] the end of the series.
4/5 Stars

As I said in my review, I had no expectations going into this book, but I don't really think it was the book for me. I kind of found it boring, but it was written in a way that I could read it very quickly if that makes sense. I didn't think the flashbacks were woven in well in this story, and for something as emotional as this book, I felt nothing towards any of the characters. All of that being said, I am most likely going to read the second book at some point, but I don't know when that time will be.
3/5 Stars

Columbine by Dave Cullen
This was the book that my class was reading for school this month, and surprisingly enough I really liked it. It is a nonfiction book about the Columbine shooting and all the people/events surrounding it. I though this was a very fascinating story, and the way Dave Cullen wrote this book was amazing. My only problem was that it felt very repetitive towards the end, but I don't thin Cullen could have really cut anything out. 
Also, my class is sky ping Dave Cullen tomorrow, so if I end up going, that will be hella exciting.
4/5 Stars

I don't even know where to start with this book. It was awesome. I wanted more of an explanation to what the hell happened, but I thought this book was stellar. It had lots of twists and turns. It was very realistic (or as realistic as a post-apocalyptic book can be), and it was sad at times. When I was reading it, I thought it was going to be a standalone, but after I emailed the publisher that I opted my review, the lovelies told me that the author is working on a sequel!! I am so incredible excited for the sequel, I don't think I will be able to control myself for the next year or however long it takes for us to get the next book.
5/5 Stars

Well, thats all I've read this month. What about you? What did you read in March? Have you read any of these book? Do you want to?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment