Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Review of Lost Property by Andy Poyiadgi

Lost Property
by Andy Poyiadgi
Nobrow 17x23 Collection
24 Pages
Publisher: Nobrow Press




Gerald is just your regular everyday mailman. One day, having lost a precious and personal item, he visits his local lost and found. There he finds far more than he bargained for, because in this "self storage," each and every one of Gerald’s lost possessions has been kept and contained.






I really love the 17x23 collection that Nobrow has. On the back flap of the book it says, "17x23 is a graphic short story project designed to help talented young graphic novelists tell their stories in a manageable and economic format. The hope is that, while the series encourages artists to write one-off stories, 17x23 can act as a springboard for more ambitious projects." I just think that is an amazing idea for a publishing company to do since it allows people who are not professionals or completely comfortable in the publishing world to publish their stories.

Now that I've rambled about my undying love for Nobrow, I will talk about the actual story.

I liked this story. It was not the best book I've read from Nobrow, but that's understandable because this is just a short story. For being as short as it was, this was a very well done story. I do wish, however, there were a few more pages in this about something. I don't know exactly what, but this story was missing something. I am not hating, though. I appreciate this story so much.

There was not really any characterization. Okay, there was a tad of characterization. But for a 24 page story, you cannot really understand all the idiosyncrasies of the characters. It was just a nice little story about losing everything and being who you want to be.

I did really like the art. The style that the artist chose to adopt was very beautiful, and worked very well with the story. Everything was very clear and there were no points in the story where I was confused as to what was happening.

If you're looking for a short, cute story, I would highly recommend checking this out.

The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle

______________________________________________________________________________

I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment