Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 2015 Wrap Up

This was such a good reading month. It wasn't that I read an absurd amount of books, but instead that I read a hell of a lot more than I assumed that I was going to read. My TBR this month said that I was going to read an entire three books, but I shattered that number by reading eight books! I didnt really do a very good job of reviewing the books this month, but I am probably going to try and write reviews for some of the books sometime after this post. I'm going to go ahead and show you the books now.
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
This was the first graphic memoir that I have ever read, and it was an amazing introduction to that subgenre. I loved being able to learn about a time period that I knew nothing about. I am incredible interested in history, and I loved the parts of this book that took place in Tehran since all my history classes have skipped over the Islamic Revolution. This was not just about the war, which I appreciated since it showed the author's life from childhood all the way until adulthood. I just appreciated this so much. 
4/5 Stars

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
I have never been so proud of myself as I was when I finished this book. It wasn't just that I was making progress on this series, but instead that I finished this book in TWO WEEKS. That was the shortest I have ever taken to read a book in this series. I was told that this was not the most interesting of the series, and I agree, but I still really liked this book. I loved all the political drama that this book instead of just battle planning and fighting. I cannot even wait to move onto book 5, and be waiting with everyone else for the sixth book.
4/5 Stars

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rich Riordan
I owe everything I did this month to this book. I was feeling like I was about to enter a reading slump since I could not decide worth anything what I wanted to read after AFFC. I started rereading this series last summer and got through three books, but I decided to pick this one up, and start up my rereading again, and it was an AMAZING choice. I read this book in about five hours, and loved it more than I did the first time. I didn't realize how much I forgot about this, and it was kind of like reading it for the first time. This series is brilliant.
5/5 Stars

This was a very short graphic novel that I got for review from the amazing publisher, and I thought that for how short it was, it was a very good story. There it not really too much that an author can do in terms of character development in 24 pages, but I got to see a little bit into who the people were. This was very good for 24 pages.
3/5 Stars

This was the book that got closest to a 5 star this month (that I read for the first time). I really got attached to the two main characters, and I just wanted to know all about their past. I loved the pacing of this book. It was never too slow, but it didn't give you whiplash from going too fast. This was a remarkable depute, and I would highly recommend that you read this book when it comes out.
4/5 Stars

This was bad. The end.
1/5 Stars

Catalyst by Lydia Kang
Despite the confer change from the first book, I was very satisfied with the book. This was just a very satisfying conclusion to the duology, and I'm very happy with the way it ended. There were so many twists and turns in this book, and so many great new characters. I loved all the character development from the first book. I was really happy that there wasn't any slut-shaming since there was some in the first book. I would definitely recommend this duology to you if you enjoy science fiction.
4/5 Stars

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
I don't know, pals. This just wasn't that good of a contemporary. I didn't dislike it, but I really did not like the main character. She spent most of the book looking down on her classmates instead of actually trying to make friends. It was just irritating. I didn't really like the love interest, and I didm't get his character development at all. Also, there was a brief period of time where the girl had three options for guys. Most of all, I didn't like the writing style. The ending was pretty solid, and this book was kind of funny at times.
2/5 Stars

I am very satisfied with the books I read this month, and I, for the second time this year, have rated a book every number of stars in a month.

Have you read any of these books? Do you want to? What did you read this month?? Let me know in the comments.

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment