Monday, June 22, 2015

Long Overdue May 2015 Wrap Up

Well, it is halfway through June. I am just as busy as I guessed I would be, so reading (and blogging) has been put on the back burner recently. I wish I didn't have to sleep, so I could read so many more books this summer, but if my summer keeps going like this, I am going to be getting very little reading done. Anyway, I got seven books read in the month of May, so without further commentary, I am going to be showing you what I read.

This was a pretty interesting story to read. It went by extremely quickly, but I really got a feel for what was going on. The story was quick and to the point which I really appreciated. My main issue was the lack of character development, but overall this was a pretty good graphic novel.
3/5 Stars

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
I had such high hopes for my second Patrick Ness book. I read and adored More Than This by him, but this one just didn't live up to the hype. I had a really hard time connecting with the story even though Ness is an amazing writer. I would definitely recommend reading this story. It is a very beautiful book.
3/5 Stars

Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
Salinger does it again. I just love him so much. This shockingly was a collection of nine short stories. I found some of them less interesting than others, but I really enjoyed the very first story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish, and I found it a perfect opening for this collection. I also really liked For Esmé-With Love and Squallor; it was not a very action packed story (not that anything by Salinger is), but it was interesting nonetheless. 
4/5 Stars

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
I read this book for school, it was my second time reading it, and man oh man was it a doozy. I didn't realize how much of this book I had forgotten, so it just felt right reading this book again. It was the perfect way to close out my school year.
4/5 Stars

Pirates. Ocean. Mariners. Nautical fun. Damn this was a good read. I wouldn't call it a favorite since it was pretty slow at times, but I really liked the character development all over this book. I didnt early understand the ending to the book, and that was annoying, but I loved it for the maritime enjoyment.
3/5 Stars

This is definitely my favorite volume of this series. It had false (yet literal) foreshadowing, and it was just a very well done volume. I don't have any clue where this story is going from here, but I cant wait until October to find out.
5/5 Stars


Thats it, folks. What did you read this month? Have you read any of these books?

XOXO,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment