Sunday, June 7, 2015

Review of Fantasy Sports No. 1 by Sam Bosma

Fantasy Sports: No. 1
by Sam Bosma
Release Date: June 9, 2015
56 Pages
Publisher: Nobrow Press


In Sam Bosma's debut graphic novel, a young explorer and his musclebound friend go treasure hunting in a mummy's tomb—but if they want to get rich, they're going to have to best the mummy in a game of hoops! Can they trust their bandaged adversary to play by the rules? Or will they be stuck in the tomb... forever?







This was such a fun graphic novel to read since I am in the middle of a 400 page book right now. The art was amazingly adorable, and it was very easy to understand everything that was going on in the story.

There wasn't really much character development, but the amount that I did get made me want to read the next volumes when they come out. I like how badass the main character, Wiz, seems. She is a tiny girl, but she is bomb at basketball and just overall a bomb person.

I didn't really see the overall purpose to this story, but it was so entertaining that I don't really care. It was just a very long and intense basketball game. I am not really that big of a fan of sports. Errrrr. I'm not a fan of sports at all, I think they're stupid, but I loved reading this. I really got to see the importance of basketball in this world, and the way the story was told sucked me into the game.

This was a very well done comic book, and I definitely want to see where the story is going from here.

The Rating:

XOXO,
Belle


______________________________________________________________________________

I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly it would be more difficult to make a dishonest review than a truthful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment