Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Had Such High Hopes

Fight Club 2
by Chuck Palahnuik
256 Pages
Publisher: Dark Horse Books

Ten years after starting Project Mayhem, he lives a mundane life. A kid, a wife. Pills to keep his destiny at bay. But it won't last long, the wife has seen to that. He's back where he started, but this go-round he's got more at stake than his own life.The time has arrived . . .Rize or Die.








I'm going to keep this one short since I dont really have too too much to say on this book. As some of you know, Fight Club is my favorite movie of all time/one of my favorite books, so going in, I was really hoping to love this. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

I have to say that this book was just very unnecessary, and I view it as a money grab rather than Palahnuik wanting to continue the story. This wasnt bad enough to where it took away from the original, but it didnt add anything new to the story either. I can still read/watch Fight Club a million more times, and not think about the sequel.

I liked the fourth wall breaks, but I found them confusing at times. There was a bit of unneeded magical realism in it, and I did not appreciate that. Overall, this book was just very okay. The art was good. The cover is gorgeous, but the story itself is something I would recommend passing over.

Rating:

<333,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment